Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Ten Best Albums of 1966

Number 3

Pet Sounds – The Beach Boys

Released on May 16, 1966

Side One:

1. Wouldn’t It Be Nice
2. You Still Believe in Me
3. That’s Not Me
4. Don’t Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)
5. I’m Waiting for the Day
6. Let’s Go Away for Awhile
7. Sloop John B

Side Two:

1. God Only Knows
2. I Know There’s an Answer
3. Here Today
4. I Just Wasn’t Made for These Times
5. Pet Sounds
6. Caroline, No

Electro-Theremins, harpsichords, bicycle bells, dog whistles, barking dogs, and several sounds I don’t even recognize help make Pet Sounds one of the most original albums ever recorded. Brian Wilson created a true masterpiece that inspired countless other great artists to experiment with new sounds and new recording techniques. God Only Knows, Wouldn’t It Be Nice, and Sloop John B are the most well known tracks, but the album has no filler. Every song, even the instrumentals, is an achievement in studio artistry thanks to Wilson’s incredible arrangements and production skills. Be sure to check out I’m Waiting for the Day, I Know There’s an Answer, Caroline No, and Here Today.
















Comments and opinions are encouraged and appreciated.

Thank you for your interest.


No comments: