Sunday, November 08, 2009

The Ten Best Albums of 1966

Number 10

If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears – The Mamas and the Papas


Released in March of 1966

Side One:

1. Monday, Monday
2. Straight Shooter
3. Got a Feelin’
4. I Call Your Name
5. Do You Wanna Dance?
6. Go Where You Wanna Go

Side Two:

1. California Dreamin’
2. Spanish Harlem
3. Somebody Groovy
4. Hey Girl
5. You Baby
6. The ‘In’ Crowd

I had really only known this album from "Monday, Monday" & "California Dreamin'", and it did fairly well in my estimation just from that. I recently started listening to the whole thing and I find that several of the songs that I hadn't been familiar with are quite good. The harmonies are wonderful and I had never realized just how great of a singer Cass Elliott was. I especially like "Straight Shooter" and their cover of the Beatles' "I Call Your Name."
   
















No comments: